Time for some random Internet goodness:
- The Art of Manliness presents “The Napping Habits of 8 Famous Men.” (In many cases, though, it appears that they “napped” ‘cause they were on the verge of collapse from not getting enough sleep. Sometimes, lack of sleep is unavoidable -- but remember: Sleeplessness is not a sign of virility.)
- American kids think that cartoon mascots make breakfast cereals taste better. In other news, our kids are dumb.
- Speaking of cereal, check out this
nostalgianausea-inducing list of breakfast cereals of the 80s and 90s that will (hopefully) never grace your kitchen table again.
- Snooki wrestled on WWE Raw last night. I know you care.
- Men’s Fitness UK profiles Gym Jones and its new Fundamentals seminar. (Background: Gym Jones’ founder, Mark Twight, was affiliated with CrossFit early on, but moved on to develop an approach that emphasized individualized, sports-specific training. After Gym Jones received widespread attention for training the actors in “300,” CrossFit founder Greg Glassman got upset and claimed that Twight “stole” the CrossFit training program. CrossFit HQ even sent a mole to a Gym Jones seminar. Classy!)
- Gym Jones is also training the next Superman. I’m sure Glassman is steaming.
- The Dutch want you to eat bugs. “Dongen is head of the meat department at Sligro, a kind of Costco on the edge of this trim Dutch town. Besides steaks, poultry and others kinds of meat, he offers mealworms, buffalo worms, locusts and other insects, as well as prepared products containing insects like Bugs Sticks and Bugs Nuggets — not for pets, but as a source of protein for people.”