Today’s workout in a nutshell:
- Front Squats (2 sets of 5, 3 sets of 3)
- Love ‘em. They make me feel strong.
- Tried to focus on technique today, so I didn’t even try to match my previous PR.
- But I want to hit a new PR by the end of this cycle.
- 10 -> 1 pull-ups
- 1 -> 10 overhead kettlebell swings (70 lbs / 53 lbs)
- In case you're counting, that's 55 pull-ups and 55 swings.
- 70-pound swings = not easy. Took lots of breaks, especially towards the end. Glad I went heavy, though. Felt better than last time.
- Before I get too full of myself: The Terminator also used a 70-pound kettlebell. And he's still nursing an injured arm.
- Also, at one point, as I hiked the kettlebell back between my legs, it slipped out of my grasp and shot several meters behind me, hitting the wall. (Yeah, I'm kind of a disaster.)
- Did all the pull-ups unbroken, except when I lost my grip during my round of 5 reps. They felt good and fast.
- Hello, blisters.
- 8:37 as RXed.