Back at work and backlogged like crazy, so here are some links to keep you occupied until I dig my way out of email hell:
- It’s an election year, but who cares about the issues when you can dissect the diet plans of New York politicians?
- I’ve said it before: Lose your office chair and buy yourself a standing desk. (Or make one yourself.)
- Jorge Garcia (Hurley from “Lost”) is a fellow fan of Vibram FiveFingers (and also looks like he enjoyed Maui’s Surfing Goat Dairy farm as much as my pre-schooler did).
- Wondering whether your supplements are legit or just hokum? Check out this handy infographic.
- Slim Chips have zero calories. (But they’re made of paper.)
- Six words for Manhattanites (who are taking a mini-break from their diets, of course): Shake Shack Peanut Butter Bacon Burger.
- An interesting diversion: Guess which celebrity ran a faster marathon.
- Interested in a pill that fills you up so you don’t eat as much? Sounds a bit like the concept behind FullBar or edible versions of those dinosaur-shaped sponges that grow in water.
- Now that the FDA has announced that we’re eating too much salt (and that plans are afoot to place limits on the amount of salt in processed food products), MainStreet has provided a list of a dozen foods with excess sodium content.