Between Wednesday's workout and today's:
- We finished the Nom Nom Paleo iPad app after months of intensive work, and submitted it to Apple for review;
- I sat in a plane on the tarmac for an hour and a terminal for two hours before being told that my flight to Southern California (for work) was grounded.
- I was booked on another flight, only to be told at midnight that it, too, was canceled.
- I drove home and collapsed -- only to be jolted awake a few hours later by my wife, who had awakened to a the sounds of water gushing out from below our kitchen sink. Three-quarters of our house was covered by a half-inch of water.
- We bailed water like crazy.
- An emergency crew came over and started tearing out our hardwood floors and baseboards.
- We packed up our stuff and moved into a hotel. The insurance company has us booked here for a month.
- Oh, and Big-O had a Little League game.
But I was looking forward to getting back in the gym so I could work off some of the stress I'd accumulated.
- Turkish Get-Ups (1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3)
This morning, I didn't feel super-stable in my shoulders, and found my arm wobbling a bit. Perhaps my shoulders are still fried from Monday's and Wednesday's workouts, but then again, maybe I just need to get stronger.
AMRAP in 8 minutes:
- 21 chest-high kettlebell swings (24kg / 16kg)
- 15 push-ups
- 9 toes-to-bar
Result: 5 rounds + 1 rep as RXed.
I tried but ultimately failed to catch the Terminator, who ended up with 8 more reps than me. Such is the way of things, I guess. It's a comforting reminder that even when life throws you for a loop, some things never change.
On tap for tomorrow: The Whole9 Foundations of Nutrition Seminar at CrossFit Palo Alto! And another Little League game.