- Worked out just once;
- Slept an average of five hours a night;
- Spent most of your waking hours planted on your ass;
- Driven over 1600 miles; and
- Ingested copious amounts of barbecue, offal and some ice cream to compensate;
Our workout today at CrossFit Palo Alto:
5 rounds of:
- AMRAP in 3 minutes of 3 strict chin-ups, 6 burpees and 9 overhead kettlebell swings
- 1 minute rest
Kyle and I matched each other rep-for-rep during the first couple of three-minute rounds, but by the middle of this workout, I had fallen significantly behind. After a while, I wasn't able to chuck the heavy kettlebell over my head more than a few times before flinging it to the floor and catching my breath.
HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN? I WAS WEARING MY NEW CHRIS SPEALLER SHIRT, FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD!
The silver lining: The chin-ups and burpees seemed easy by comparison.
Result: 9 rounds + 16 reps as RXed. My goal was ten rounds, but I missed it by two kettlebell swings. Maybe I should've laid off that big ass plate of meat yesterday.