- The latest version of the ever-unhelpful USDA Dietary Guidelines (“just eat less!”) are out. Once again, they’re dumb. Once again, Guidelines demonize saturated fat and sodium, but seem to have no problem with carbs despite the USDA's own acknowledgment that Americans are stuffing themselves silly with the stuff.
- (Psst: Saturated fat ain't the enemy. Get yourself a tub of coconut oil and see.)
- We ‘muricuns prefer to get our dietary advice from people like Pepsico's CEO, who announced today that "Doritos are not bad for you" and cola must be healthy because it was "discovered in a pharmacy."So true!
- But just Doritos and Pepsi make a great lunch combo doesn’t mean you should break into vending machines. Thankfully, technology firms are already investing resources into safeguarding our nation's most precious natural resources: Funyons and Dr. Pepper.
- So if you don't have enough change jangling around in your pocket, skip the vending machine and go get yourself some ice cream nachos and/or ice cream bread.
- (On second thought, please don’t.)
Okay. I'm off to get me a big grass-fed burger patty topped with ham, bacon, and a fried egg.