And although I tried quitting a while back, it didn't take. So now, I'm on a mission to justify my daily caffeine intake.
So here's a non-exhaustive list of the benefits of caffeine:
- It eases asthma symptoms.
- It may protect against dementia.
- It's associated with lowered risk of Parkinson's.
- It may reduce the risk of certain cancers and diabetes.
- It boosts short-term recall.
- It's tasty.
- It keeps you awake.
- And most importantly for athletic performance: It's ergogenic, it soothes the pain of intense exercise, and taken post-workout, it can enhance subsequent physical performance.
Well, among other things, it can make you kill people. (Allegedly.)
Don't overdo it and murder your spouse, but some reasonable coffee consumption appears to be A-OK (though my two favorite Paleo gurus, Robb Wolf and Mat Lalonde, seem to be at odds on this point).