This past week has passed me by. I've been meaning to post, I've been busy with the kids while Michelle was at the 2012 Weston A. Price Foundation Conference. Blogging is fun and all, but so is running around the house playing Batman versus Iron Man and singing Weird Al Yankovic tunes at the top of our lungs.
Anyway, here's the latest rundown on my gym activities.
- Bottoms Up Kettlebell Cleans (5-5-5-5-5-5, one set every 3 minutes)
- "Jackie" - for time:
- Row 1,000 meters
- 50 thrusters (45lbs / 35lbs)
- 30 pull-ups
Jackie still wrecked me (per usual). But the first squat after getting off the erg is the hardest, and once I pushed through the KB cleans and presses, the pull-ups went fairly quickly.
Result: 8:22 -- significantly faster than my 9:51 from June, but I did it RXed that time.
- Back Squats (3-2-1-1-1-1)
- 21 burpees
- 21 overhead kettlebell swings (32kg / 24kg)
- 21 Abmat sit-ups
- 15 burpees
- 15 overhead kettlebell swings (32kg / 24kg)
- 15 Abmat sit-ups
- 9 burpees
- 9 overhead kettlebell swings (32kg / 24kg)
- 9 Abmat sit-ups
The overhead kettlebell swings slowed me down a bit. Seventy pounds is half my bodyweight, and every time I swung that iron ball, it threatened to pull me off my feet.
On the plus side: No Abmat ass-crack rash!