- Snatches (3-3-3-1-1)
I've been absent quite a bit from the gym lately, so I was excited to return this morning. Plus, I knew it was snatch day, and my snatch technique had been steadily improving since early this year. But for whatever reason, I JUST COULDN'T STOP SUCKING TODAY.
Instead of just emptying my brain and just lifting with aggression, I over-thought EVERY. SINGLE. THING. And as a result, I froze up. My movements were disjointed rather than fluid, and my arms and legs were all over the place. I bungled more reps than I stuck. Thankfully, with some helpful cueing from Tim, I managed a few half-decent reps towards the end, but I didn't come anywhere close to snatching what I know I'm capable of lifting.
I hate starting the day with frustration.
5 rounds for time:
- 10 kettlebell snatches (5 per arm) (24kg / 16kg)
- 10 goblet squats (24kg / 16kg)
- 10 burpees
- Goblet squats are no joke.
- I didn't end up with big, purple bruises on my forearms, so I must have done something right.
- Carl Paoli's burpee technique is a lifesaver.