Like just about everyone else at our tech-immersed box, I've become a big fan of Twitter -- though I’d be the first to admit that I should have jumped on the bandwagon sooner. If nothing else, Twitter serves as an incredible news reader. By following the folks who share links to topics of interest to me -- including CrossFit, Paleo nutrition, minimalist footwear, etc. -- I end up with a nicely-curated selection of reading materials, videos and photos. I can also follow specific lists (say, of CrossFit Palo Alto members) or take advantage of Twitter feed aggregators like CrossTwits.
Best of all: With a 140-character limit per tweet, people on Twitter are forced to GET TO THE POINT ALREADY.
Here are just a few random items that popped up on my Twitter feed today:
- What's the connection between wheat and schizophrenia?
- Fatigued from exercising? It's all in your head.
- Steve Nash and Grant Hill appear to be eating Paleo.
- The best thing you can do with McDonald’s French fries? Sculpt a big-ass skull.
- Some guy’s body literally fused into his chair after staying seated for two years.
- Perez Hilton’s take on the Paleo diet is boring and wrong.
- Failure can be a good thing.
- I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Celebrity trainer Tracy Anderson's workout is ridonkulous (and hazardous to your health).
- Holy crap -- two brothers (both U.S. Marines) busted out over 15 rounds (!) of Games Open WOD 11.2!
- The advice to “drink 8 glasses of water a day” has no scientific basis, so give your bladder a break.
- And while we're on that topic, I have a feeling my pee is going to smell funny for the next month.