A doctor has sued the Houston's restaurant in Miami after he ate a complete artichoke that he ordered, including the spiny and sharp exterior leaves. He subsequently suffered "severe abdominal pain and discomfort," and a "exploratory laparotomy" showed that the artichoke leaves were jammed in his "small bowel." His lawsuit claims that he had "never seen nor heard of previously" an artichoke and that it was the restaurant's fault for not teaching him how to eat it.When I was an obnoxious high schooler, my buddies and I frequented an all-night diner staffed by the cast of "Alice," only much, much crankier. But our favorite waitress (the one we nicknamed "Lemon" for her sour disposition) taught me an important life lesson when I once inquired about an item on the menu: "If you don't know what it is, DON'T. ORDER. IT."
Friday, December 24, 2010
From the Consumerist: